A CLOSER LOOK
Our Technical Graduate Scheme is a two-year programme in which you’ll be placed in a set team with a line manager. Even so, you’ll still have the chance to explore other areas of the business through internal secondments.
When you join, we’ll give you a five-day induction so you can learn about NNL, the programme you’ll be following and, of course, what we expect from you.
From there, you’ll experience a number of training modules across the two-year period, taking time out of the business to work on your development every two-three months. We’ll cover everything from time management and team working, to report writing and ethics. You’ll be given a set amount of time each week that’s purely dedicated to work on your development. We’ll learn about you together.
In addition to your training modules, as part of your on-going development we also encourage graduates to take part in corporate social responsibility or recruitment events.
At the end of the programme there will be a competitive selection process to ensure we find the right role for you.
Whilst you’re continually looking to personally develop throughout the training programme, you could find your next discovery whilst being involved in projects of global importance; surrounded by a support network of experts who want you to succeed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We value our Graduates, so we’ve put together an attractive salary and benefits package for you.
- 25.5 days’ holidays per year - plus an additional 4 days’ holidays over the Christmas and New Year period. You will also be entitled to 8 public holidays.
- Bonus Payments - we offer a generous bonus scheme which is linked to company business performance.
- Training - we’re committed to your development, we offer a wide range of technical and professional opportunities, supported by performance management.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme - you can save on Tax and National Insurance payments of up to £243 per month. Vouchers are flexible and can be used for the registered childcare of your choice.
- Life Assurance - this scheme provides a payment for your family, added to benefits payable under the Company Pension Scheme.
- Professional Development Programme - this is here to help everyone achieve professional status. This includes your own mentor and we'll even reimburse the cost of your professional membership fees.
- People Welfare - our independent counselling and advice covers personal problems including family, domestic, social, financial, ill health and bereavement. It also supports you and your family should you retire.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’ll expect you to graduate or have graduated with a 2:1 or higher in Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials. Most of our vacancies are in the technical community, however we occasionally recruit into business functions on this scheme.
More than this, though, we need graduates with enquiring minds. People who know there’s more to discover, and who have the drive and determination to discover it. Whether that’s untapped skills within themselves, or undiscovered solutions to the world’s energy issues. We need passionate, driven individuals who know that the world as it stands is not enough; who’ll push against barriers until they break through. We need individuals who can take the initiative to work both independently and within a team. We are looking for graduates who want to learn from the best, even when they become the best themselves.
When you join us there’s a clear process you’ll go through before you start here. Here, you’ll discover exactly what this means for you.
September - 6th November - Online Application on the NNL Careers website
November - Online Aptitude test (verbal & numerical)
December - 1 day Assessment centre (Including Interview, Presentation & Group Exercises)
December – Offer (*subject to pre-employment checks)
September 2017 – Start of programme
Come and discover us at our next recruitment event.
Manchester - Chemical Engineering (5th October - 12noon to 15:30pm)
Loughborough - Engineering Placements (12th October - 9am to 16:30pm)
Strathclyde (12th & 13th October)
Liverpool (13th October - 10:30am to 16:00pm)
Manchester (19th October - 10:30am to 16:00pm)
Loughborough (25th October - 11:00am to 16:00pm)
Strathclyde Gala - Engineering (1st November)