DISCOVER THE ROLE
Project Management is a growing profession with good career prospects worldwide.
As a Project Management Apprentice you will work within an office environment and be involved in a variety of roles:
- Planning what work needs to be done, when and who’s going to do it
- Looking at the risks involved in a particular project and managing them
- Ensuring work is done to the right standard
- Motivating the team involved in the project
- Co-ordinating work done by different people
- Making sure the project is running on time and to budget
- Dealing with changes to the project as and when necessary
- Making sure the project delivers the expected outcomes and benefits
- Using specialist technical knowledge on certain projects
DISCOVER WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You’ll already have a good academic background when you apply for an apprenticeship with us. But that’s not all you’ll need.
We’re looking for people who can be part of our future. People who want to succeed and have the commitment and motivation to get there. People who ask questions and demand answers, who’ll be open to learning and work hard.
We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic achievers who’ll want to be part of our mission to grow the nuclear industry.
In return, we offer world-class training, skills for life and the opportunity of a long-term career in nuclear.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
- Project Management
- Project roles and responsibilities
- Planning business cases
- Project lifecycles and project definition
- Project execution plans
- Risk management
- Project scheduling
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I OBTAIN?
This is a Degree Apprenticeship, which means NNL will pay for you to gain a Degree in Project Management, and we’ll pay you a salary while you’re learning.
- Level 4 Diploma in Project Management
- Technical Certificate in the Principles of Project Management
- Functional Skills, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills/Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Entry to Higher Education (Higher National Certificate)/Foundation Degree or Degree in Project Management
WHAT DO I NEED?
5 GCSE A-C including Maths and English
A Levels or BTEC
Minimum of 120 UCAS Points
Must be 18 or over
Duration: 5 Year Programme
Location: Cumbria, Warrington, Preston
Straight into facility working alongside experienced personnel to develop your skills.
You will then study on a day release attending college one day per week whilst on site for the other four days working on exciting real projects within the business.
Starting salary (dependant on age): Competitive. We value our apprentices highly, so we believe in paying them more than the minimum wage.
As part of our Project Management team you can earn up to £28,144 on completion (based on 2016 – 17 salary)
Degree, Professional Accreditation, APM (external body assessment)