A CLOSER LOOK
The General Management Graduate Scheme is a three-year and three months programme exposing you to every aspect of our business. To get a real understanding of how our business operates you will rotate around all of our sites throughout the programme. Because of this, we offer you relocation assistance to support you through your placement moves. You’ll work on real, innovative science and engineering projects when you’re on placement, learn about different roles and working environments, and work with a wide range of experts. You’ll also network with other graduates, and develop yourself through our excellent training and development sessions.
As part of your programme you’ll complete a number of rotational placements which will consist of:
2 x 12 month technical placements within our different Business areas
1 x 6 month placement to gain Project Management experience
1 x 6 month placement within the Facilities team
1 x 3 month placement within a functional area (HR, Procurement, Finance etc)
During each placement you’ll be assigned a Line Manager and Buddy for the allocated placement period. At the beginning of the programme we’ll introduce you to a personal mentor who’ll stay with you throughout the programme, supporting and challenging you in your personal development. Whilst on placement, you’ll continue to work on your personal development by taking time out of the business at six monthly intervals to attend training modules. We’ll learn about you together.
In addition to your training modules, as part of your on-going development we also encourage graduates to take part in corporate social responsibility or recruitment events.
At the end of the programme there will be a competitive selection process to ensure we find the right role for you. However, those who are offered permanent positions will be rewarded for their flexibility and mobility with a performance related payment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We value our Graduates, so we’ve put together an attractive salary and benefits package for you.
- 25.5 days’ holidays per year - plus an additional 4 days’ holidays over the Christmas and New Year period. You will also be entitled to 8 public holidays.
- Bonus Payments - we offer a generous bonus scheme which is linked to company business performance.
- Training - we’re committed to your development, we offer a wide range of technical and professional opportunities, supported by performance management.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme - you can save on Tax and National Insurance payments of up to £243 per month. Vouchers are flexible and can be used for the registered childcare of your choice.
- Life Assurance - this scheme provides a payment for your family, added to benefits payable under the Company Pension Scheme.
- Professional Development Programme - this is here to help everyone achieve professional status. This includes your own mentor and we'll even reimburse the cost of your professional membership fees.
- People Welfare - our independent counselling and advice covers personal problems including family, domestic, social, financial, ill health and bereavement. It also supports you and your family should you retire.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’ll expect you to graduate or have graduated with a 2:1 or higher in Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials. But that’s not all.
We need graduates with enquiring minds: people who know there’s more to discover, and who have the drive and determination to discover it. Whether that’s untapped skills within themselves, or undiscovered solutions to the world’s energy issues. We need passionate, driven individuals who know that the world as it stands is not enough; who’ll push against barriers until they break through. We need individuals who can take the initiative to work both independently and within a team. We are looking for graduates who want to learn from the best, even when they become the best themselves.
When you join us there’s a clear process you’ll go through before you start here. Here, you’ll discover exactly what this means for you.
September - 6th November - Online Application on the NNL Careers website
November - Online Aptitude test (verbal & numerical)
December - 1 day Assessment centre (Including Interview, Presentation & Group Exercises)
December/January - Final selection stage
January – Offer (*subject to pre-employment checks)
September 2017 – Start of programme
Come and discover us at our next recruitment event.
Manchester - Chemical Engineering (5th October - 12noon to 15:30pm)
Loughborough - Engineering Placements (12th October - 9am to 16:30pm)
Strathclyde (12th & 13th October)
Liverpool (13th October - 10:30am to 16:00pm)
Manchester (19th October - 10:30am to 16:00pm)
Loughborough (25th October - 11:00am to 16:00pm)
Strathclyde Gala - Engineering (1st November)